Upneeq® Wins Finest Eye Drops for Newly Fallen Eyelids on the thirteenth Annual Magnificence Awards
Board-certified oculoplastic surgeon and Director of the Thyroid Ophthalmology Middle at Cedars Sinai, Dr. “The Upneeq has confirmed to be a sport changer in our area,” Raymond Douglas mentioned. It might act on one or each eyes in as little as 5 minutes, giving the eyes a wider and brighter look.”
BRIDGEWATER, NJ (PRWEB)
March 31, 2023
RVL Prescription drugs introduced at this time that the prescription eye drops Upneeq® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic resolution), 0.1%, was named Finest Eye Drop for Saggy Eye Drop within the Skilled Therapy class on the NewBeauty thirteenth Annual Magnificence Awards. Upneeq is FDA-approved for the therapy of acquired blepharoptosis (droopy eyelids) in adults. That is the model’s second consecutive win. Upneeq® was awarded Finest Innovation in 2022 by this definitive authority on magnificence. The thirteenth Annual NewBeauty Awards difficulty hits newsstands on April 4, 2023.
Greater than 10,000 merchandise have been introduced, of which 399 have been chosen for the 2023 awards. Every successful product has been confirmed to each successfully resolve an aesthetic concern and meet rigorous testing requirements by the NewBeauty editorial workforce in addition to an impartial panel of key opinion leaders, senior medical and trade professionals, and consultants.
In line with NewBeauty Options Editor, Tatiana Bido Upneeq could not be simpler to make use of. Additionally referred to as immediate eyelid lifter for ptosis or droopy eyelids throughout the testing course of.
Board-certified Aesthetic Reconstructive and Oculoplastic Specialist and World Head of Scientific Affairs at RVL Prescription drugs, Dr. Raymond Douglas, Dr. It acts on one or each ptotic eyes in as little as 5 minutes, making the eyes seem extra open. With the drop, we see a median eyelid peak of between 1 and a couple of millimeters, which is de facto necessary.
Brian Markison, CEO of RVL Prescription drugs, we’re extremely proud to be acknowledged with this prestigious award for the second time by NewBeauty. We’re constructing a brand new market the place Upneeq is an thrilling innovation for eyelids as the primary Rx therapy for droopy eyelids in adults. As we proceed to construct the model within the area of medical aesthetics, this endorsement from the trade’s main authority is a persuasive and helpful validation.”
Upneeq® obtained FDA approval in July 2020 and was launched as the one accredited non-surgical therapeutic for acquired ptosis (downturned eyelids) in adults. First in its class, Upneeq® is a fast-acting, each day therapy that’s secure and efficient for sufferers in eye care and medical aesthetics practices nationwide.
In medical research, Upneeq® confirmed statistically vital enhancements over placebo in each superior visible area and eyelid carry, as measured in two main double-masked efficacy research. The commonest negative effects with Upneeq (occurring in 1-5% of sufferers) are eye irritation, eye redness, dry eye, blurred imaginative and prescient, eye ache throughout use, eye irritation and headache. For extra info and full Essential Security Data, go to http://www.upneeq.com.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
UPNEEQ ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic resolution) 0.1% is a prescription eye drop used to deal with acquired blepharoptosis (decrease eyelids) in adults.
What warnings and precautions are related to UPNEEQ?
- Dropped eyelids could also be related to situations equivalent to stroke and/or mind aneurysm, Horner’s syndrome, myasthenia gravis, lack of capacity to maneuver eye muscle tissue, eye an infection, and eye tumors. Inform your physician when you have any of those situations.
- UPNEEQ is a sort of drugs that may have an effect on your blood strain. It’s best to name your physician in case your signs worsen when you have coronary heart illness, uncontrollable excessive or low blood strain, or in the event you really feel faint at relaxation or while you arise shortly.
- Sufferers with lowered blood circulation to the mind or coronary heart, or sufferers who expertise dry eyes or mouth because of an immune system dysfunction (Sjögrens syndrome), ought to be cautious whereas taking UPNEEQ. Name your physician instantly in the event you suppose your signs are getting worse.
- UPNEEQ could enhance the danger of eye strain because of fluid accumulation (angle-closure glaucoma) in sufferers with untreated narrow-angle glaucoma. Name your physician instantly in the event you really feel elevated strain in your eye after utilizing UPNEEQ.
- Don’t let the tip of the UPNEEQ bottle contact your eyes or every other floor. This might help forestall eye harm or contamination. Every bottle of UPNEEQ is for one-time use and ought to be discarded after use.
What are the most typical negative effects of UPNEEQ?
- The commonest antagonistic reactions with UPNEEQ (occurring in 1-5% of sufferers) have been eye irritation, eye redness, dry eye, blurred imaginative and prescient, eye ache throughout use, eye irritation, and headache.
What ought to my physician know earlier than prescribing me UPNEEQ?
- Earlier than prescribing UPNEEQ, your physician ought to evaluate your complete medical historical past.
- UPNEEQ belongs to a category of medication (alpha-adrenergic agonists) that may have an effect on your blood strain. Use UPNEEQ with warning in case you are at present taking an alpha-adrenergic agonist treatment to deal with coronary heart illness or prostate enlargement. Sufferers taking beta-blockers or different medicines to deal with hypertension or irregular heartbeat also needs to be cautious when utilizing UPNEEQ.
- Sufferers taking a sure class of antidepressant treatment (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) also needs to be cautious when utilizing UPNEEQ as it might have an effect on the best way your physique absorbs the treatment.
These should not all of the doable negative effects of UPNEEQ. Inform your physician when you have any negative effects that trouble you or don’t go away. Name your physician for medical recommendation about negative effects.
To report negative effects or product complaints, contact RVL Prescription drugs at 1-877-482-3788. You may as well report negative effects to the FDA by calling 1-800-FDA-1088 or visiting http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
It is a abstract of crucial security info for UPNEEQ. For extra detailed security info, please evaluate the total Prescribing Data for UPNEEQ.
About RVL Pharma plc
RVL Prescription drugs plc is a privately held pharmaceutical firm centered on the commercialization of UPNEEQ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic resolution) 0.1% for the therapy of grownup acquired blepharoptosis or droopy eyelid. UPNEEQ is the primary nonsurgical therapy possibility accredited by the FDA for acquired blepharoptosis.
About NewBeauty / NewBeauty Awards
The extremely revered trade and shopper publication NewBeauty is revealed by Sandow Media. NewBeauty is the final word useful resource that redefines the wonder area with its trend-driven strategy to content material, combining authoritative consultants, training and advances in trade innovation. Stuffed with the trusted voices of NewBeauty editors, the journal provides an in-depth and complete have a look at new merchandise and breakthrough applied sciences, with ethically balanced editorial sources and a divided fame for scientifically correct, expert-led unique reporting. NewBeauty presents a fastidiously chosen group of winners on the annual NewBeauty Awards. NewBeauty Awards Seal’s product winners should successfully dwell as much as their claims, resolve aesthetic considerations, and meet the rigorous testing means of editors and consultants.
Share the article on social media or e-mail: